- HS Code: 39131000
1. Iodine has strong germicidal and disinfection effect, mainly used in pharmaceutical industry:
Tincture of iodine: 5%-10%concentration of iodine dissolved in alcohol;
Iodine solution of potassium iodide dissolved in water: Used in remedy for wound, costalitis, tonsillitis, chronic arthritis, fracture etc. Also used in finger disinfection by surgical workers, goiter, arteriosclerosis, chronic intoxication, sleeping medicine, substitute in dehumidifying plasm etc.
Potassium iodide, sodium iodide and compound iodine solution can be used to cure goiter, preparation prior to hyperthyroidism operation. Due to the less effect of potassium iodide for heart, can also be used in remedy for heavy metal poisoning, tertiary great pox.
Iodine has special resistance against radioelement, thus oil iodide can be contrast agent of X light. Iodine is also the antidotal agent for radiation.
2. Agriculturally, iodine is the material for pesticide.
4-iodinephenoxy acetic acid can stimulate the growth of crops remarkably.
Vegetables, fruits and crops sprayed with iodine solution (1 of 20000) can be prevented from worm-eaten, can grow rapidly with higher yield.
Silver iodide is used as the atomizing agent in artificial rain.
3. In dyestuff industry, iodine is the material to synthesize organic dyestuffs.
4. In lighting industry, tungsten-iodine lamps made from iodine give strong light. Indium iodide and thallium iodide are used to make colorful light lamps.
5. In food industry, sodium iodate can improve the quality of bread, potassium iodate can be additive in salt. Iodalbin added in feedstuffs can prevent against various diseases.
6. Iodine is used in chemical industry as catalyzer, in chemical synthesizing industry, used to synthesize methane iodide, ethane iodide; In metallurgical industry, iodine is used to refine high purity metal titanium, cobalt, silicon and germanium.
Standard 2000 Edition GB2000
Standard 1998 BP 1998
|Chlorobromide %||≤ 0.014||≤ 0.025||≤ 0.028|
|Non-volatile Matter %||≤ 0.05||≤ 0.1||≤ 0.005|
|Sulfate %||≤ 0.030||/||/|